I am Enough Because I am Authentic
Being Authentic requires some self awareness, some grit, and intuitive knowledge about who you really are.
Authenticity requires you to be entrusted with something that people can depend upon with consistency; yet also its an innate ability to trust yourself, despite yourself. When you are truly authentic, you shine. You determine your limitations with skill, you know when you are well, and when you aren’t . And when you aren’t you decide : ‘its okay,…I can put this aside for now, and just be. ‘ I can spend a little time with myself and just decide I can plan a time out, or I if need a vacation, and I can plan it and go spend sometime with myself too.
So here are a few tips I have gained from being and practicing authenticity within:
- It’s an innate attempt to reach for Clarity.
- It’s taking the time to: Think.
- To Still Still in Quiet.
- To Receive Mindful Meditation.
- To Rest because you’re soul needs the Rejuvenation.
- To Celebrate Myself.
- To Validate & Encourage Myself, Especially when no one else does.
- To learn how to ‘Be’ with another who doesn’t mind sitting in quiet contemplation.
- To Forgive Myself.
- To be Patient with Myself.
- To find Hope even when I don’t feel like I can.
- I’ve learned to trust myself.
- Remember what’s genuine and ‘sound’ about me in my soul.
- To be self-aware: to ‘find a place for all those negative thoughts & the ones that are not good, throw them away – quite intentionally & consistently.
- To practice Self-Care.
Authentic people are:
Dependable, Honest, Convincing, Sure (about somethings & especially themselves… ) Believable, Persuasive. Present.
And… most of all…they LIKE themselves.
I have learned to like myself. Eventually, then transfer that like to self-love… during the hard times in life, you sort of need it like a life preserver .
I learned I am one who endures… it’s in my nature to thrive. So i do t have to worry about falling and not getting back up.
I am one who also manages to figure out how to love myself and see hardship, disappointment , difficulty, pain, and discouragement – frankly, as something I can cherish, once I can see the lesson on the other side . And even then, when I can’t see it, I am still built to get through it. For me, that’s courage, that fidelity to myself, and it’s winning.
If I can figure out how to win – and still be honest with where I am, and be okay with the struggle of it all, and even not okay, if that makes sense… then I am a pretty authentic person.
Brene Brown says – being authentic is: ” to show up and let our true selves be seen.” I have been showing up for several years.
I suppose this is me. Thanks for letting me share.